Wednesday, August 20, 2014

I Have the Worst Luck

Five star hotel.  Lovely attentiveness and service.  Comfortable bed and pillows.  Well-appointed room. Incredible restaurants and bar area.  Unbeatable location.

And my room's A/C didn't work.  Granted, it's not hot here, but it was rather warm in my room, even according to the manager's assessment.  Maintenance gone for the night, so all they could offer was a fan overnight.  Luckily, the window tilted open a bit and by morning, it was very cool.

Today maintenance says it cannot be fixed quickly.  Wouldn't you know it.  So I lose my front-facing view to take the room they've offered me as compensation.  Just my luck.


(Click on photos to enlarge.)

My new view.  St. Patrick's Cathedral in the background, but no movement.  No people, no cars.




This terrace runs the length of the room.



I mean "suite."








And there's the third flat screen.  To watch in the tub.  What a hardship.




I think I'll survive.






No comments:

Post a Comment