Thursday, August 14, 2014

The Day in City Centre, Limerick

Exhausted from the fresh air (read: wind) and walking all over city centre today, so there will be lots of photos and less commentary tonight.

Hope you enjoy the pictures!


(Click on photos to enlarge)

Day started with me waiting at the hop on-hop off bus stop for 25 minutes.  Turns out the online schedule was wrong.  So I walked across the bridge into city centre.  Not that long a walk, but I was trying to save the knees for walking around, not walking to.


And one of the first sights I see?  Again, American fast food.  Ugh.


O'Connell Street, one of the main shopping streets, in Limerick.










Dinner of quiche and a salad at Cafe Noir.






A peep inside a night spot...before night.






My little Cafe Noir right behind the church.





O'Connors Irish Bakery next door to Subway.  Quite the juxtaposition.



Street sign on a building.






Not J.C.'s.  This is the store everyone brings bushel baskets or empty suitcases to fill, because it's cheap.  I thought most of the merchandise was, too, though.


Love how I got this cyclist riding by!



Crowds watching the street musicians.




One of the big Irish department stores.








My hotel to the right of the statue.



King John's Castle from the bridge I cross to get back.


Limerick Rowing Club.



My hotel from the bridge.


Some of the swans on the Shannon.







Commemorations on the wall of my hotel, The Strand.



My bus stop outside the hotel.  Backwards from U.S. bus shelters.


And I end the day with views from the 6th (and top) floor of my hotel.








No comments:

Post a Comment