Tuesday, August 19, 2014

Galway to Dublin

I am so happy to spend my last three days in Dublin.  Whatever made me think I could skip the city? A "big city is a big city" in not true of Dublin.  Their building ordinances allow no highrise buildings, so the sky is visible always.  And the architecture!  Oh, the architecture!  Just looking about on the taxi ride from Heuston to my hotel was amazing!  I can't wait to get out there tomorrow -- early -- and go to breakfast at Bewley's or Bruxelle's and stroll around!

Here is a bit from my train journey from Galway to Dublin.


(Click on photos to enlarge.)



Before I leave Galway, did I ever post this picture?  This guy handed me a card with columns of addition (2 numbers each) and asked me to choose one.  Then he said, "Okay, do you have the sum?"  When I said "yes," he told me to turn the card over.  It said, "You're correct!"  Ba-da-Bing!



Ah, now this is the train we'd seen days ago, the one we thought I'd be on to Limerick.  Even has a snacks-drinks rolling cart.



The train conductor.  Really nice guy.



Passing through towns.  Some intrigued, some fatigued.



The whole way.



"Let's all go to the snack bar!  Let's all go to the snack bar!" or something like that, you know, the song at the drive-in?



You might be sick of them, but I'm not.



Station.



Another station.



This woman helped carry luggage onto the train to say goodbye to a visitor.  But the train started and she was stuck riding to the next station.


A third station.







No comments:

Post a Comment