Sunday, August 10, 2014

Irishrail from Galway to Limerick

Our regular cabbie, Vinnie, picked me up this morning and took me to the train...only it wasn't the train Chari and I so carefully checked out the day before.  No, the seats were smaller, not nearly as adjustable or comfortable, and the tables were teensy.  And the cars didn't consist of groupings of four seats to a table throughout...just three or four groupings per car with regular rows of seats between. And no outlets for laptop hookups.  Luckily, I was early enough to snag a table.  Right next to a family with two small boys who screamed the entire time.  The.  Entire.  Time.


(Click photos to enlarge.)


My seat.


Getting ready to go (and yes, that is the train we thought I'd be on...sigh.)



Screaming.  The. Whole. Way.



That girl must have had in heavy duty earplugs.  That or she was drunk.



My Irish cows.  :)



Checked into The Strand and an early dinner, while waiting for the rain to stop.



Curried turnip soup (it was great!) and a bacon, lettuce, cheese melt (but the bacon here is yukky...kinda like Canadian bacon, not at all like ours...so mine ended up being a lettuce-cheese melt.)







My suite
(Butt-ugly, but the Europeans are crazy for "modern"...whereas we love all of their old architecture.)



Check out my private enclosed balcony!


Gag.


This is so amazing.



Ok, so you guys who travel a lot or for business get this all the time.  But I was tickled.


Great bathroom, by European standards.






Sun's out!










Watching the Dublin Horse Show while deciding on room service dessert.
Ahhh, now this is the part that's nice about a hotel.




He doesn't want to do any more jumps.  Rider can't make him.  I don't blame him.  My sister-in-law told me it isn't a natural thing for a horse to jump and they don't really like it.  Guess not.

(Toes are for you, Joe.)


Getting busy now!  It's either the tourists heading to city center (just over the bridge) or rush hour -- or both.



View down the other side.





Nighttime.






Guess I have neon lights on my porch!





























No comments:

Post a Comment